This post was originally published on this site

Another Byzantine Brexit day…there is no alternative now but a General Election. The indicative votes have failed. Theresa am May has played her last card of her political life. The DUP have now to choose between the backstop and bringing down the government. Boris begins and behind him lurks Bannon. It’s coming down to a Boris versus Corbyn general election. There is no muddle/middle ground any more. We must simply choose between a renegotiated Labour deal that will involve Brexit with a customs union and single market or a no deal one with Corbyn’s government will come social justice and a well funded welfare system. With Corbyn we will see a reversal of the worship of the ‘free market” and of the political right. There is no “moderation” any more. It’s simply now Boris or Corbyn….”if left is right then right is wrong; better decide which side you’re on” A general election now is the only way.. Socialism or Barbarism the choice is clear..” you either have faith or unbelief and there is no middle ground”to quote Mr Dylan.

There is a hard right of 32% that supports no deal. The other 68% can construct a reforming imaginative government. Only Labour can provide the leadership for that government. It’s that simple. I note that the DUP and some ERG are calling themselves the “Spartans” perhaps they should read their history and research the battle of Marathon.the Spartan fate awaits them.I also notice that the “independent group” voted against the Ken Clark amendment. Had they voted for it then it would have passed I guess it must be a “funny tinge” thing they have.
…there is no alternative now but a General Election. The indicative votes have failed. Theresa am May has played her last card of her political life. The DUP have now to choose between the backstop and bringing down the government. Boris begins and behind him lurks Bannon. It’s coming down to a Boris versus Corbyn general election. There is no muddle/middle ground any more. We must simply choose between a renegotiated Labour deal that will involve Brexit with a customs union and single market or a no deal one with Corbyn’s government will come social justice and a well funded welfare system. With Corbyn we will see a reversal of the worship of the ‘free market” and of the political right. There is no “moderation” any more. It’s simply now Boris or Corbyn….”if left is right then right is wrong; better decide which side you’re on” A general election now is the only way.. Socialism or Barbarism the choice is clear..” you either have faith or unbelief and there is no middle ground”to quote Mr Dylan.There is a hard right of 32% that supports no deal. The other 68% can construct a reforming imaginative government. Only Labour can provide the leadership for that government. It’s that simple. I note that the DUP and some ERG are calling themselves the “Spartans” perhaps they should read their history and research the battle of Marathon.the Spartan fate awaits them.I also notice that the “independent group” voted against the Ken Clark amendment. Had they voted for it then it would have passed I guess it must be a “funny tinge” thing they have.